A peek at my current(ish) status. Updated Jun 17, 2019
I’ve been designing the interface and experience for a national retailer’s ecommerce and point-of-sale systems for the last few years and learning a lot. I can’t share much of my work because most of it is proprietary, but I also spend time on the fun side projects below.
The UX Compendium is a cohesive collection of Sketch templates and libraries to round out your design process beyond the user interface.
UXcellence is a blog on UX design, front-end development, building products, and making the world a better place for people.
A List Apart
I’ve started helping out as a volunteer editor and producer with A List Apart. I’m so happy to give back to something that’s been so important to my career.
I’m trying to teach my son to be a curious and compassionate human being sharing this fragile planet with other human beings, improving our family and home in a myriad little ways, and enjoying the remaining free time with family and friends.
I’m trying to find ways to slow down and disconnect more often. This includes playing vinyl records, reading more books, watching the wild life in our back yard, and playing board games.
- 4 stars. A great book on its own, but even better as a cap to the series. I'm looking forward to reading more by N.K. Jemisin.
- 5 stars. This show just keeps getting consistently better. I watched every moment of this season with a big dopey grin.
- 5 stars. Felt like a classic fairy tale without becoming boring, predictable, or cliche.
- 4 stars. A great epilogue to Avengers: Endgame, and a fun story in its own right.
- 4 stars. Brilliant collection of ideas for ways to pay attention, encourage curiosity, and spark creativity.
- 3 stars. Better than some of his other recent books, but a bit predictable in the end.