A peek at my current(ish) status. Updated Nov 28, 2023
I’ve spent the last year working heavily on a unified design system for in-store applications and the B2B e-commerce site at Advance Auto Parts. Unfortunately, due to company-wide layoffs, I won’t be able to see that project to its next phase. But I AM on the lookout for the next great design opportunity, so let me know if you need some design help.
UXcellence is a blog on UX design, front-end development, building products, and making the world a better place for people.
A List Apart
I’ve started helping out as a volunteer editor and producer with A List Apart. I’m so happy to give back to something that’s been so important to my career.
I’ve got a few ideas percolating, but what will win out? Check back in a few months and maybe this spot will be filled …
I’m trying to teach my son to be a curious and compassionate human being sharing this fragile planet with other human beings, improving our family and home in a myriad little ways, and enjoying the remaining free time with family and friends.
I’m trying to find ways to slow down and disconnect more often. This includes playing vinyl records, reading more books, watching the wild life in our back yard, and playing Dungeons & Dragons.
- 5 stars. I'm a couple years behind everyone, but holy cow was this movie amazing. Lovely, thoughtful, weird. Just the best.
- 5 stars. This show is still so much fun, and the music in particular this season was great. Hope they stick the landing.
- 4 stars. I adore these mini-documentaries focused on individual Disney park attractions, and I'm glad they're making more.
- 5 stars. Sheer perfection. Improved on everything that made the game amazing, and was a fantastic show on its own.
- 4 stars. We missed this when it originally came out over a year ago, but what a delightful way to celebrate the holidays!
- 5 stars. Great music, amazing cast, beautiful sets, wonderful cinematography, and a fun homage to musicals of the 60s and 70s.
- 5 stars. A great follow-up to The Final Empire. Loved how it explored building things back up rather than tearing them down.
- 3 stars. Interesting sci-fi concepts combined with a weirdly "utopian" future Disney World. Fun at parts, but also depressing.
- 5 stars. I loved the book, and this really captured the essence of it. Can't wait to see more in this world!
- 5 stars. Come for Sanderson's unique take on magic systems in a fantasy world, stay for the great characters and world building.
- 5 stars. Absolutely loving how well they've adapted the animated series from the podcast and kept lots of subtle moments.
- 5 stars. A slightly different story from the original podcast, but executed beautifully with tons of nods to fans.