A peek at my current(ish) status. Updated Jun 17, 2019
I’ve been designing the interface and experience for a national retailer’s ecommerce and point-of-sale systems for the last few years and learning a lot. I can’t share much of my work because most of it is proprietary, but I also spend time on the fun side projects below.
The UX Compendium is a cohesive collection of Sketch templates and libraries to round out your design process beyond the user interface.
UXcellence is a blog on UX design, front-end development, building products, and making the world a better place for people.
A List Apart
I’ve started helping out as a volunteer editor and producer with A List Apart. I’m so happy to give back to something that’s been so important to my career.
I’m trying to teach my son to be a curious and compassionate human being sharing this fragile planet with other human beings, improving our family and home in a myriad little ways, and enjoying the remaining free time with family and friends.
I’m trying to find ways to slow down and disconnect more often. This includes playing vinyl records, reading more books, watching the wild life in our back yard, and playing board games.
- 5 stars. Wow! A thought-provoking space epic that wrestles with identity, choice, and motivation in brilliant ways.
- 3 stars. Entertaining enough, but it undid a lot of the potential of The Last Jedi with a rushed storyline and a mixed payoff.
- 4 stars. A fast-paced end to the series with great twists and turns.
- 3 stars. Not quite as enthralling as the first book in the series but still very entertaining.
- 4 stars. A page-turner about a futuristic society organized into castes that kept me enthralled to the last page.
- 4 stars. A good mix of science fiction and thriller in a story reminiscent of a good Michael Crichton book.