Hello, I’m Ste Grainer.
I’m a designer and developer from Richmond, VA. I design, code, and write with a focus on clarity, usefulness, and delight.
About design, development, and other whims
On UXcellence …
Jun 12, 2019
How to Build a Handy Portfolio Filter
May 29, 2019
Automation for Designers: An Introduction
May 22, 2019
Nice Touch: Sharing Podcast Clips in Overcast
Mar 11, 2019
Organizing Design Work for Your Team (and Your Future Self)
Aug 27, 2018
Telling Stories: Using Scenarios to Visualize Better Experiences
Apr 3, 2018
Designing for Accessibility: Forms & Input
& on my journal
Want to follow along?
Once a month, I share new articles I’ve published on UXcellence alongside a broad collection of great resources on design, development, research, writing and more from a diverse set of creators. Occasionally I also give sneak previews of new projects I’m working on.
Helpful tools, techniques, & things that others have made
- 5 stars. A charming way to relax and learn a bit more about baking while watching delightfully British people.
- 3 stars. A fine entry in the hack-and-slash field, though it felt a bit repetitive by the end.
- 4 stars. A well-researched and meticulously told story of the meteoric rise and fall of health startup Theranos
- 4 stars. A fantastic sequel in this series, leaving me wanting to read the third and wrap up the full story.
- 3 stars. The last season felt rushed and predictable. I'd much rather read the book ... maybe someday.
- 5 stars. Wow. There may be small flaws, but this is a near-perfect capstone to the LARGEST movie series ever.