Hello, I’m Ste Grainer.
I’m a designer and developer from Richmond, VA. I design, code, and write with a focus on clarity, usefulness, and delight.
About design, development, and other whims
On UXcellence …
Jul 27, 2019
Make Time to Play: How Breaks, Hobbies, and Boredom Can Improve Creativity
Jun 27, 2019
Automation for Designers: Starting with Email, Photoshop, and Sketch
Jun 12, 2019
How to Build a Handy Portfolio Filter
May 29, 2019
Automation for Designers: An Introduction
May 22, 2019
Nice Touch: Sharing Podcast Clips in Overcast
Mar 11, 2019
Organizing Design Work for Your Team (and Your Future Self)
& on my journal
Helpful tools, techniques, & things made by others
- 5 stars. Absolutely loving how well they've adapted the animated series from the podcast and kept lots of subtle moments.
- 5 stars. A slightly different story from the original podcast, but executed beautifully with tons of nods to fans.
- 4 stars. A solid ending to a fun series.
- 5 stars. Just wow. I love pretty much everything about this movie, from the zany style to the deeper message.
- 3 stars. A fun, silly romp of a movie based on one of my favorite Disney rides.
- 3 stars. The ending was a bit predictable (especially given the title), but the story and characters were still great.
- 4 stars. Once I got used to the stream of consciousness of the first person narrator, I enjoyed the world building a lot.
- 4 stars. This was a good Indiana Jones movie. Entertaining, funny, great characters, and a compelling story.
- 5 stars. I adored Into the Spider-Verse and this movie is better in every way. Visually stunning, with a banger of a story.
- 5 stars. How do you make a sequel to one of the best games ever? This. This is how. They made it better in every way.
- 5 stars. Started off a little slow, but wow what a ride! Easily the best Star Wars show I've seen yet.
- 4 stars. I felt like the name for this season should have been the Mandalorians (plural). Not quite as great, but still good.